Lupus and Stress Management: How to lessen stress life
Lupus and Stress Management: The Science of Stress and the Immune System
– The 1st part of the video goes over some of the science behind how stress abnormally affects the immune system. stress worsens cancer, autoimmune diseases, and cause increased death. Why is it that optimistic people who deal with stress well tend to live longer than pessimistic people who are easily stressed? Stress does have bad effects on our immune systems.
– Then I go over how people who are genetically predisposed to having lupus have a greater chance of developing lupus if they have had major stressors in their life (child abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, etc.)
– Then I go over how stress can cause lupus flares.
– Interestingly, easily stressed people can learn to deal with stress better. Some habits are easy and incredibly healthy in many other ways. Examples include exercising regularly, and practicing mindfulness daily.
- I end the video with practical pointers on how to decrease stress.
– Download my free stress management handout from my Lupus Secrets
SHARE with everyone who has an autoimmune disease
COMMENT above: how do you deal with and prevent stress?
What advice do you have for others?