Dr. Don Thomas, MD
I am Dr. Donald Thomas, MD, a rheumatologist treating hundreds of lupus patients for over 30 years. read my first blog post here to understand why I started this website and blog about “The Lupus Encyclopedia” and “The Lupus Secrets” .
Follow me on Social Media
Dr. Don Thomas’ other qualifications include:
- Chair of the Medical and Scientific Advisory Council, Lupus Foundation of America
Mid-Atlantic Chapter (2013 – 2016)
- “Lupus Hero Award” recipient by the Lupus Foundation of America, Mid-Atlantic Chapter, November 2016
- Associate Professor of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS)
Bethesda, Maryland where I teach medical students and doctors at USUHS and at the Walter Reed National Medical Center
- Chair, National Board, Sjögren’s Foundation 2021 – 2023
(Sjögren’s is a systemic autoimmune disease closely related to lupus. For example, many patients have both lupus and Sjögren’s)
- Consultant Staff credentials, National Institutes of Health
Bethesda, Maryland (2014 to 2021) as a Research Associate Investigator of the District of Columbia Lupus Consortium
Dr. Donald Thomas, MD, author of “The Lupus Encyclopedia”
WHAT I (Dr. Don Thomas) DO I WRITE BLOG POSTS ABOUT?
- Present the results of new lupus research. However, summarize it in easy-to-understand non-medical language.
- Present any significant advancements in lupus treatments. Yet, also present treatments that are in research.
- Go into more detail about each “Lupus Secret” In addition, discuss why each is essential.
- Share information from “The Lupus Encyclopedia” for people without their own copy. Also, check your local library.
- Present tips on living a long, healthy life with lupus.
- In addition, answer comments and questions readers write for each post.
- Include important problems faced by many lupus patients. For example, discuss Sjögren’s, fibromyalgia, and osteoporosis.
WANT TO BOOK DR. DONALD THOMAS?
Dr. Don Thomas also enjoys educating and empowering doctors, medical students, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and patients.
Email Dr. Don Thomas, MD at email@example.com (address to Dr. Donald Thomas)
Call and leave a message for Dr. Don Thomas at 301-345-5600
- Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Dr. Donald Thomas prefers to do online, virtual events. However, he will travel if it is safe to do so, and special precautions are ensured and taken.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WRITE A GUEST BLOG OR GUEST ARTICLE (and vice versa)?
Note: Dr. Don Thomas’ posts are for informational purposes only and are not meant to be specific medical advice for individuals.
Always seek the advice of your healthcare provider or physician with any questions regarding your own medical situation.