How to Stop Lupus Hair Loss:
How to stop hair loss! – Yes! You can do things to help!
And learn that much of the time… it is NOT due to lupus
Learn more about hair loss from Don Thomas MD and the Lupus Foundation of America
– Lupus and hair loss can be devastating. Dr. Donald Thomas discusses how lupus causes hair loss
– The different types of hair loss are numerous and each have their own treatments. Learn about these possible causes of hair loss.
-Lupus and hair loss symptoms can vary between the different causes. Learn how they can differ. For example, lupus hair breakage where there are short hairs at the frontal areas of the scalp is often times called “lupus hair.” This type of hair loss usually grows back with treatment of the lupus.
– The “difference” between alopecia and hair loss. They mean the same thing. Learn about the origins of the word “alopecia.”
– What you doctor can do to help hair loss in lupus. Dr. Donald Thomas explains why it is so important to see a dermatologist who is experienced in taking care of hair loss.
– Nonscarring alopecia from systemic lupus grows back when lupus is treated successfully. Click on the link in this line to see one of my (Donald Thomas, MD) as an example.
– What you can do yourself to help ensure you get the best medical care, a proper diagnosis, and the best treatments available.
– Have a “Plan” for when discoid lupus hair loss flares! Discoid lupus flares can leave more skin damage and hair loss each time they occur. The faster you stop the inflammation of discoid lupus with medications, the better. This helps keep the hair loss from worsening.
– Dr. Donald Thomas explains what treatments work and which do not. He discusses many tips and tricks. For example, did you know that if you take biotin, it should be stopped a few days before all labs? Learn why in this video.
– Did you know that over-the-counter minoxidil is your best best to improve many causes of hair loss? More people try biotin because it is easy to take a tablet every day. Minoxidil requires that you rub it in the scalp twice daily. It is more work, but much more likely to help.
– What you should not waste your money on when it comes to hair loss in lupus. Learn what is the most effective over the counter treatment.
- Much of the time… it is NOT lupus… learn how to tell and get the proper help